Saturday, February 27, 2010

Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical IF Macro Zoom Lens with Built in Motor for Nikon DSLR Cameras

Review Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical IF Macro Zoom Lens with Built in Motor for Nikon DSLR Cameras


Buy Cheap Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical IF Macro Zoom Lens with Built in Motor for Nikon DSLR Cameras From Here Now!

With the advent of the latest 15X zoom lens from Tamron, the pioneer of high power zoom lenses, the high power zoom lens has steadily evolved from a 7.1X to a 10.7X to a 13.9X and now to the worlds largest zoom ratio of 15X by combining advanced high power zoom design technologies accumulated by Tamron since 1992. The lens covers an angle of view equivalent to that of a 28mm wideangle to a 419mm ultra telephoto with just one lens, letting the user capture once-in-the-lifetime images of panoramic landscape images or close-up pictures of children smiling, without having to get too close to the subject and without having to change lenses. For Nikon Digital SLRs.
Readmore

Technical Details

- AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC (Vibration Compensation) Tamron zoom lens
- Not compatible with 35mm film cameras or full-frame (FX format) digital Nikon D700 or D3 digital SLRs
- Built-in motor for full autofocus capability with Nikon D40, D40x, D60, and D5000 model digital SLRs
- Built-in vibration compensation for blur-free photos
- Low-dispersion glass and hybrid aspherical glass elements for superior image quality
See more technical details
Customer Buzz
 "A wonderful walk-around lens" 2010-02-20
By RonAnnArbor (Ann Arbor, MI United States)
This is an all-around wonderful walk-around lens. It has the largest focal range in its class, and image quality is very high. I couple this with a 17-55 2.8 lens and those are the only lenses I need with my D300 or D90 backup. Sure, you could spend 4 times the money for two NIkon lenses that cover this same focal distance -- but this is sharper in my opinion than the 70-300, and there is no need to swap lenses. I won't repeat some of the other reviews criticisms. For my hard-earned money, it's the best general all-purpose walk-around available at a normal price that won't break the bank.

Customer Buzz
 "Locks up" 2010-02-10
By Jane M. Matzke
I like the picture quality but the lens locks up. It will just stop and will not focus and wont take the picture. I have to take the lens off and put back on to get it to work again. Does not do it everytime and seems to happen in low light.

I like the 18-270 range. Because of the range it is a bit heavy.

If I had more money I would have bought the Nikon.

Customer Buzz
 "Thanks, but no thanks." 2010-02-03
By I. Castillo (Texas)
I was impressed when I first saw this lens and wanted to buy it right away, so before I decided to order it from Amazon I went to a local store and tried it on my D90. Doesn't feel heavy, however the lens creep that many mentioned here was a real turn off to me. The lock mechanism only works for 18mm, not so useful if you're going to set the lens on a tripod, which you'll need for long exposures and low light. The lens is also too soft for my taste. However, it would be great for portraits.



I tried the lens on a higher sharpening setting on my D90 the softness issue seemed to improve, but still not as sharp as the cheap Nikon 18-55 lens. However if sharp is your thing simply crank up the sharpening on your picture quality setting.



After all I decided to pass because it wont be a fit for the type of photography I do. It is a great do-it-all lens if you do most of your shots during daylight, and hand held. BUT, if you're doing something outside those conditions, don't have a lot of money and a lot of patience, I don't think this is your lens.



In Summary:

Pros:

- Great range 18-270mm

- It is light compare to other do-it-all lenses

- Good for portraits

- Price is good (At Amazon)



Cons:

- lens creep. It is there and it is very annoying

- Too soft if you need great amount of details

- Zoom lock only at 18mm









Customer Buzz
 "An efficient long zoom" 2010-01-29
By BL Carper (Richmond VA)
I wanted to bypass the kit lenses supplied with the Canon d500/T1i. Im my film days I shot a Canon AE1-P and my standard lens was a nice 28-80. I grew to like the extra wide lens and found that most of my indoor shooting was at the extreme wide.



This new Tamron 18-270 gives me the same wide shots for indoors. Although only f3.5, the VC vibration control does a great job in steadyung my shots. It works even bettter on the long side. Ishot the moonrise last night and set the stopped dow the aperture and then compensated for the dark shot and w=swithced my metering to center spot. I shot full telezoom 270mm (equivalent to a 432MM lens) FREEHANDED and got wonderful full detailed images of the cratered surface. Even with a not so bright f5.6 she VC gave me completeely jitter free images. I LOVE it.



This new 15x lens gives the "punch" that the bridge camera superzooms offer, but with superior optics on a full manual DSLR. I also carry the Canon efs 50MM f1.8 prime for instances when I need to shoot in low light, but my primary walkaround lens will be the fantastic new Tamron 18-270.



Note - it is a large lens. I switched over the old glass uv filter from my 500mm mirror telephoto. At 72mm I thought that was big - the TAmron is large to carry all day. You will need a nice big holster to carry it. I found the stealth series case logic available here on Amazon to be Caselogic XNSLR-1 SLR Camera Laptop Backpack (Black) perfect for the task.





Customer Buzz
 "Everything I expected" 2010-01-25
By Designer29er (Scottsdale, AZ)
I traded up from a Sigma 18-200mm VC lens for the Tamron 18-270mm.

It is everything I expected it to be. I like taking telephoto shots of birds or airplanes in flight and general nature. I also had a Sigma 80-400mm which was great but very big and heavy.The Tamron is better and about the same size and weight as the 18-200 with the extra telephoto reach I needed. The lens works smoothly with out any hangups and focus is fast and accurate. The 270mm gives me the added advantage I was looking for. It is not the 400 and not the 200.It is just right for me. The Sigma was a great walking all around lens. I find the Tamron to be just as good.

I am not a pro. I just like to take pictures. I think this lens is the only one I will ever need in my camera bag.


Images Product

Buy Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical IF Macro Zoom Lens with Built in Motor for Nikon DSLR Cameras Now
Buy Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical IF Macro Zoom Lens with Built in Motor for Nikon DSLR Cameras |
Cheap Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical IF Macro Zoom Lens with Built in Motor for Nikon DSLR Cameras | Low Price Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical IF Macro Zoom Lens with Built in Motor for Nikon DSLR Cameras | Best Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical IF Macro Zoom Lens with Built in Motor for Nikon DSLR Cameras | Order Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical IF Macro Zoom Lens with Built in Motor for Nikon DSLR Cameras | Good Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical IF Macro Zoom Lens with Built in Motor for Nikon DSLR Cameras | Lowest Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical IF Macro Zoom Lens with Built in Motor for Nikon DSLR Cameras | Save Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical IF Macro Zoom Lens with Built in Motor for Nikon DSLR Cameras | Discount Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical IF Macro Zoom Lens with Built in Motor for Nikon DSLR Cameras | Purchase Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical IF Macro Zoom Lens with Built in Motor for Nikon DSLR Cameras | Shop Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical IF Macro Zoom Lens with Built in Motor for Nikon DSLR Cameras | Buying Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical IF Macro Zoom Lens with Built in Motor for Nikon DSLR Cameras | Where Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical IF Macro Zoom Lens with Built in Motor for Nikon DSLR Cameras

No comments:

Post a Comment